is it really that difficult?

So I have a friend. Ill call her patty. Well patty has a two year old son and she's always complaining how she can't clean cook or do laundry while she has him. She's a stahm and she has no other responsibilities. Its so irritating bc she's constantly complaining when her ds is home. She even gets mad when his dad can't take him. She got mad the other day bc he called and said he had the flu and didn't want to pick him up. I too have a two year old dd. I work full time and then I still take care of the house and her. I just don't see how its so difficult. It just gets irritating hearing her complain 24/7.

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe it is that difficult for her. Some people have a harder time adjusting their lives to kids, and balancing housework along with raising a kid. Perhaps next time she complains to you, suggest a reasonably priced daycare she could put her kid in for a couple hours once a week so she can catch up on housework. Either that, or just listen to her bitch and quickly change the subject.
    Anonymous

• It's because you have adjusted to doing alot of different things at one time, because you have to. She is a SAHM who has nothing better to do than complain. SAHM do not know the real meaning of work. I think you should just feel sorry for her and think that you are the better for being able to manage a full time job, plus what she does...
    Anonymous

• well, my son just turned 2 and I will admit that he is "spirited" and strong willed and refuses and does not like to play independantly, no matter how hard we try and it is VERY hard to get things done or clean the house with him because he is not only super active, but he wants me to play with him also all the time or its tantrum city. I just wait til he goes to bed to do most of the cleaning because I love to play with him. I don't complain that I can't get anything done though, I have just accepted it. My sister had a very easy child and she would play for hours by herself and didn'tt fuss ever and still to this day is a great little girl at almost 10. Kids are not all the same and people don't all deal the same
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Well I can see your point and hers. I too am a SAHM and my daughter was never a napper. I find it hard to get things done sometimes but I manage. It was hard at first running errands and stuff but I have no choice! lol Atleast ppl that work can take a lunch break or bathroom break in peace. But hey I can't complain because I signed up for this! ;) The othere answerer was right. Suggest daycare and see what she says.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• "SAHM do not know the real meaning of work." What! I worked since I was 12 years old honey! And I own two houses. I choose to be home with my daughter bc noone is better to raise my baby than me! Her Mother! Maybe you're mad that You HAVE to work?
    Anonymous

• Let's not turn this into a fight. I have been a stahm and I'm now a working mother to build our savings and secure a future for ourselves and our dd. But being a sahm was A LOT easier than working and taking care of the house and dd. Bc DH works more than I do! Lol.
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Here we go again...UGH!!
    Anonymous

• "SAHM do not know the real meaning of work." Well that was a bitchy thing to say.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• SAHM do not know the real meaning of work. - This statement is insane. I work much harder now staying home then when I worked. To answer the question - no, it isn't that difficult. I have three kids, my oldest just turned three, and I have no problem getting work done around the house. Perhaps her child does not know how to entertain himself. Maybe next time she complains suggest that she gives him a coloring book/crayons or a puzzle to work on next to her while she does the laundry or something. Or she can even have him help. My 2 and 3 year olds love to stand at the dryer and push the clothes in as I get them out of the washer. They also sort the clothes by color for me. They also like to empty the dishwasher. To clean the bathroom I just throw them in the tub for an extra bath while I clean. Sounds like she may just need some help and some advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Having a now 3 yo, I can't say I was ever overwhelmed taking care of her. I enjoy my summers off when we are both home together. It's not stressful. Having only ONE CHILD IS A PIECE OF CAKE. She sounds like a lazy mom imo.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2009