Biting at school

If a kid was repeatedly bitten at school by the same child, could the parent file a complaint with the state? My dd has been bit at least 10 times by the same little girl in 3 months. She has had marks. So have the other kids. She is not going back, but can i file a complaint?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• how old? Have you talked to the school and requested this child be "shadowed" or watched closer or moved rooms from your daughter?? what is the school's solution?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have talked to the school, they said they were keeping a close eye on her, but the situation has not got better! She was shadowed I guess. Also- they only have one room. Its a small daycare so the older kids are in with the younger kids. There is 2 teachers there as well. my daughter is almost 4, and the girl that bites is 1.5. I know that kids bite, but it seems that this is being overlooked and downplayed bc the girl is the lead teachers daughter.
    Anonymous

• Find a new day care.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yes after the 2nd time my baby would have been out of there! and yes I'd file a complaint!
    Anonymous

• My son is 2 1/2 and has NEVER bit anyone. I would have filed a complaint with the daycare after #2 and with the state after #3!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• my son is at a school and he was bit by another child about 3 months ago. I was horrified. they said many kids go through the biting, hitting stage, but there is no way it would have happened a thrid time.. I can see a first time, then they are watched closer when they are around each other, a second they are shadowed but third my son would have been outta there. But yeah, I am sure its favortism
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2009