I need a xmas gift idea...HELP!?!?!?!

I am a nanny and have been with the family I work for for almost 5 years now. The kids are 16 and 18 and the parents are in their 5o's. I am looking for a family style gift to buy or make that they all could enjoy. They are wealthy and seem to have everything....any ideas ladies?

JadeAndKerasMom

Asked by JadeAndKerasMom at 10:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• How about an Amazon Gift Card!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I'd like to steer away from gift cards as I feel that they are to impersonal and aslo bc i don't want them knowing how much i spent. But thank you!
    JadeAndKerasMom

Answer by JadeAndKerasMom at 10:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Hmmm, maybe a movie or game night gift basket? A basket that you can fill with a movie or board game, popcorn, snacks, candy, and glass bottles of soda. That's something they could all enjoy together. Good luck and have a Merry Christmas! ;)
    Anonymous

• I agree on food; see gourmet foods at www.zingermans.com and order a basket of great stuff or Godiva chocolates. It's tough when they have everything. Getting individual gifts is too much and finding something to share falls into the food category. You can't do wine or a basket of bath goodies because the husband or kids won't enjoy it. Only other thing is a Gift Certificate to a nice restaurant. Good luck. Also, look for fun at www.redenvelope.com as they do have lots of ideas. Zingermans is classy stuff though.
    Anonymous

• gift certificates are fine if they are well thought out. like if they maybe need a new family portrait taken?
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• A personalized gift is a great idea. They have tons of cool stuff at sites like www.shutterfly.com and www.photoworks.com you could make a photo throw or photo book for them.
    Game night baskets are a good idea if you know they play games together and don't already have them.
    An event to go to together is a good idea. Maybe a local Dave and Busters or something like that?
    I wouldn't do a gift card unless it is something they can all do together.
    Its hard to buy for people that are wealthy when you aren't. I'm a nanny also and the gift they appreciated the most is a throw I made for them on the Photo Works site. They've had it for a long time displayed in the main living area. I know they have about 8 million crystal bowls/wine glasses/mugs/vases so avoid stuff like that. If they are Christian www.personalizationmall.com has some cool crosses you can have made with the family name on them. I have one for my own home.
    Anonymous

• aren't they a bit 2 old 4 a nanny?
    Anonymous

• I like the photo ideas, if you have pictures, either a scrapbook (something you might start on for another occasion) or a framed photo. Anything you make would be ideal, a basket of cookies or muffins wrapped beautifully. Ornaments that represent something the family or individuals are doing this year. A photo calendar.......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2009