My two month old has a cold she wont stop coughing her nose is running what can i do to make her feel better?

DesignDiva21

Asked by DesignDiva21 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• infant tylenol. the lowest dose on the dropper i think it is 0.4 ml. and get her to the dr asap, ask for c-phen dm drops they worked great with mine. :)
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• oh and get baby vicks and rub it right under her nose, its got a pink lid u can find it a walmart.
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't give a baby meds. Get a suction bulb. Make up a saline solution. Drip like one or two drops in her nose hole and suck all the gunk out. Works!
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Vicks BabyRub is for babies over 3 months.

Don't give a baby so young Tylenol without doctor's ok.

With a baby so young about all you can do is suck the nose out with a bulb syringe and use a humidifier.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• humidifier.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• When my kids got sick I rubbed some baby vicks on their chest and wrapped them in a warm blanket. I would turn on the hot water only in the shower, shut the shower curtain and sit on the potty and wait for the steam to make the vicks open them up. It didn't take long and I got a nice facial steam out of it. I do not recommend staying in there for a long period of time though. If you start to sweat the baby is too. Honestly, I waited for the steam to build up in the bathroom while I coated baby with vicks then only had to be in there for about 3-5 mins. Worked wonders. Ol' grandma remedy and didn't have to give baby OTC meds.
    MrsSoccerMom

Answer by MrsSoccerMom at 11:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

OH and don't do this /\. Vicks is a huge no no that close to the mucus membranes. If you don't want to put vicks on baby because of the age then grab the bulb syringe and hit the steam room (bathroom with shower on). I think this works faster than the humidifier.
    MrsSoccerMom

Answer by MrsSoccerMom at 11:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• You can use vicks. I asked my doctor about the age of 3 months and she said it is that because they don't test it on babies younger than that (it might irritate their skin). So you can put it on a bib if you want instead of your baby's skin. But if you don't mind putting it on their skin also put it on their feet (under socks). For some reason that helps as well. And just keep sucking their nose out.
    Anonymous

• Humidifier, saline drops. IF you're breastfeeding, some drops of breastmilk in the nose are like a super decongestant.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2009