Moms with partners-How do you and partner handle bills and email accounts -are they handled together and joint email accounts (including if a partner knows your posts here) or

is one of you not good with bills and additionally demands privacy in emails?

My husband wants to handle all bills plus keep me out of his email accounts, wondering if this is that something other moms and partners are in similar ways as me? Or are most of us into financial accounts out and out being joint and email accounts being shared with our partners? s

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I have my own bank acct and so does hubby. Same with emails and passwords. I believe that even when you are married we all are entitled to our own privacy. I pay the utilities, he pays for everything else.
    Anonymous

• My hubby doesn't handle bills. Im better at it. He does have access to them. He can get on our online banking site anytime he wants. My hubby knows that I post on here. He doesn't read them or anything. I also have a myspace (that I never get on) and several email accounts. He has the passwords to get on all of them. He never does though. We only have joint banking accounts. I don't know whats up with your hubby. Kinda weird. Is he usually so anal about his privacy?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Anon 10:11's answer could be my own . . . every last detail.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• we have seperate emails, checking...my husband takes care of all the bill paying...he did it before i came along so i let him..although i would like to because i am such a control freak and like to know whats going on 24/7. I did my own for a long time before we were together..its not that he is any better, its just that he has been doing it so i'll let him be. I have access to all his accounts so if i want to look at something i can.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I pay all the bills from the joint account. (Joint is all we have.) He has full access, though, and could pay bills if he wanted to, but since I'm better at budgeting than he is. I know the passwords to all 5 of his accounts (1 personal, 4 business) just in case. I've had to get into them at various times for him when he didn't have a computer in front of him, or when he needed things shifted. I've given him the password to my 1 and only email account, but I doubt he remembers it. I've told him he could read my posts on here if he wanted to, but he's always said it's one of my few escapes, so he stays out of it. Our Amazon and eBay accounts are separate and while I could probably figure out his password (knowing him like I do, I know what it'd probably be) just so we can buy gifts for each other without tipping the other one off.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• We have a joint bank account and I control all the finances, Its mostly in his name but I pay for all of it. And he knows the passwords to my sites and i know his.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• We both work, we have a joint bank account. I pay the bills and keep track of the bank account, but he has access to the account and checkbook any time he wants to see it. We both have emails, myspace, and facebook, and we both know each other's passwords although we do not check each other's things. Sometimes if I am online checking my email, he will holler out, hey check mine while you are at it. So it's no big deal and we have nothing to hide from each other. As for CafeMom, he knows I have an account here, he knows it is all women and he has no interest in it at all.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2009