How do I deal?

I'm not comfortable with random people taking pictures of my daughter. Call me whatever you want. I dont like it. How do I tell someone this while they're whipping out their camera ready to start snapping? And do you think ppl should ask before they start taking pictures?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• i'm the same way! we were at chuck e cheese the other day and DS, 4, was playing with a boy- about 12, on one of the shooting games.. the "parents" (no idea if they were parents) and another female started taking a video thing from the cell phone with it- no idea if they were trying to get their kid.. or my kid- who is 4, playing a shooting game.. and making more points than the older kid! i HATE that i didnt know! lol i feel like i should look into youtube to see if its on there, cuz you NEVER know what people are going to do with pics/vids taken of your pic, esp. if you dont know them. i'd just ask them not to take pics of my son. for me- i couldnt do it since i dont know if it was really about DS or the other kid.

I definitely ask parents if its okay if i take their child's picture... but then again, the only time i would, is when my son is involved (like them playing, etc)
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 10:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• They should defintally ask. Like you are just in stores and they start taking pictures?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• whoa whos taking pics and of what?!? HELL NO definately if i dont know them i have a problem. I mean they should have the decentcy to ask first!
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• lol no Sorry! I mean just at parties or events. Ppl I know but not on a deep and friend like level. IDK I dont post her pics ANYWHERE on the internet. Hubby and I just aren't comfortable with it.
    Anonymous

• I can understand but I think if you agree to a birthday party, it's to be expected. But it would depend on who the person is and our relationship to the person/trust level. Just tell this person no thanks.
    Anonymous

• Tell the photographer at the party not to take her pix

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• They are trying to be nice and take to pictures of your kid to acknowledge her. Its not like they are child predators in the park taking pictures like your post org implied. Really they are trying to be nice. If you don't like it don't go or don't take her to the events.
    Anonymous