Anyone have a husband addicted to computer in every single way iphones tvs (they are really computers deep inside), computers through the internet? How do you deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Technology

• umm it seems u are slightly addicted to it as well being u are online and i must say i am to i think everyone is in a weird way
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• hi momatonly16, I'm op. No no I'm talking about an addiction to anything computer everywhere. Walking around supermarkets reading iphone online magazines, walking around a mall the same way. I'm talking overpowering all out all things computer addiction. Multple constant purchases and upgrades of computers and iphones. I don't sit in bed and wake up using a computer too.
    Anonymous

• Yep, my husband works with computers in his job (he's a software engineer) and he is on a computer or iPhone almost nonstop when he's not a work. He plays computer games, surfs the net, creates websites for fun, hangs out on message boards that are about video games, etc. For the first 4 years of our marriage, I felt like his computer was the other woman. I whined, nagged, pleaded, paraded around in skimpy lingerie and all other sorts of things to try and get him away from his computers. Some where along the way I decided to just stop fighting it.

All men have an interest and an outlet. I'm thankful that my husband's interest keeps him at home. Also, when I stoped whining and nagging him about his computer addiction, he started to spend more time with me voluntarily. The more I was happy without his undivided attention, the more attention he freely gave me.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yes. We should own Apple by now... I am currently surrounded by 3 computers, 3 printers , the Time Capsule, some things I dont even know what to call them but I know it holds enough storage space to move who knows how much stuff from one computer to the next. The darn think is the size of my hand.. Go figure.
    Then software.. cant forget all the software either.
    Then there are 2 more computers upstairs.
    And he has 2 iPhones and a Blackberry.. Ds and I only have our Blackberry's which are fine with us.
    As for dealing with it.. He works hard and the money he spends has no effect on our household and he just recently bought me a new Mac so it doesnt bother me. Only time it might is when I am wanting lights out for bed and he is trying to finish reading something. Then all I have to say is ok, then I will go sleep in the guestroom, and flip, computer is shut instantly.. lol
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 2:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2009

• i dont
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• You seem to be just as addicted if you spend the same amount of time on CafeMom.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2010