Should broken promises be forgiven?

I understand we're not five, but for some reason I can't get over the my so broke a big promise. He promised not to talk to this girl who is just plain trouble. He then lied and told me he was eating with some friends, when it was her and his other guy friend. Should he be forgiven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• nothing big unless hes got something going on with her? i wouldnt mind maybe the girl is with the guy friend?. ask him tell him ur just curious. But dont get in an up roar either way he really had no reason to lie to u uinless somethings going on?
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Troubles brewing. Been there done that. True love that is respectful does not cross the line. For you the line was being with the girl at this point in time.

Get counselling if you are sincere that this is distrustful in your relationship. If you don't it will happen again. One distrust equals a life time of distrust.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• no umm to me thats basically cheating i bet they where there together or he wouldve had no reason to lie
    Anonymous

• i would guess theres more going on then hes telling u or he wouldve had no reason to lie in the first place ..just my opinion
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Yeah I mean I've forgiven him for the dinner but its the promise that bothers me. Its the lying straight to my facr that really upsets me. If it wasn't for my friend who was coincidentely there I would've never known. So when iaske him why he did ithe said it was because he didn't think he'd get caught. Like the whole situation seems bad you know? He says nothing is going on he toldme once they only appreciate eachothers hottness and that's it they're just friends. So I don't know, he says hell do anything but how can I trust that he really won't talk to anymore?
    Anonymous

• if you want your relationship to continue for long you better forgive him. nothing destroys relationships faster.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Steve Harvey was on Good Morning America not long ago and spoke with men about why they lie to their women. They said they lie to keep from listening to her complain. I'm sure that's why he lied to you. He probably thinks you are being unreasonable telling him who he can and can't be friends with. He's a grown man, not a little boy and you are not his mom. Trust him or cut him loose.
    Anonymous

• I personally believe in the above comment the problem with cutting him loose is there fear of getting hurt. If he has sexual feelings about this girl who's to say he won't take action? I've been there and done that and to me cutting the cord is like opening the door to opportunity.
    Anonymous