Is it normal that I am 30 weeks and my childs butt is still first? The doc told me 2 weeks ago that the baby is breech, but people keep telling me " oh he'll turn himself you have plenty of time left." But every picture or diagram I see the babys head is already positioned downward. Should I be nervous about this or am i just working myself up for nothing ?

kjsmom723

Asked by kjsmom723 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Take a breath.

There is PLENTY of time for the baby to turn. Both my kids were butt-down until 35 weeks. Some baby's don't turn until right before they are born. Try not to worry about this. Chances are, the baby will turn on it's own.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If you are worried about it try crawling around on your hands and knees for a few minutes every day.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• If you are still pregnant then there is still time, no worries. ;-)
    If you have concerns about it, wondering about a cesarean, there are things to consider.
    First, you can do exercises, being proactive.
    You can try more serious attempts like Moxibustion or Webster Technique.
    More invasive, is ECV.

Because breech is a variation of normal, don't look at it as some awful condition...
    I think MOST importantly, is the care provider.
    If you are with someone who is not trained to attend a normal breech birth then you could find another doctor with more experience or better yet, a midwife.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• dont worry yet. it does get harder for them to turn the bigger they get and the longer he stays the less likely he will turn but lots of babies have been breech and turned at the last minute. there is also a procedure to turn the baby manualy if they have enough time when labor starts.
    Anonymous

• My youngest flipped and flopped my entire pregnancy. He turned breech when I was 10 days overdue the night before I was induced. My niece was breech (and my sis scheduled for a c/s) and turned head down around 40w. As long as you are pregnant there is time for baby to turn. The diagrams all show a head down presentation because that is how the majority of babies present and the preferred presentation. Try to relax.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• my Son was breach and had to come out by c-section. Sometimes they are just stubborn, if you have to have a c-section so be it! Either way you get that little angel in your arms :) my nurse told me that my husband put the baby in backwards.. lmao! :) I thought that was cute...
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• some babies don't turn until labor. but most will turn by like 37 weeks. i wouldn't worry about it now. you are only 75% through your pregnancy =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It will all be fine! I'm just further than you and my little one is breech as well. My Dr doesn't seem concerned at all.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2009