So has one had a LEEP done?

I was wondering how long I should wait to starting trying for kids after a LEEP? I have had different docters tell me different time lines and wondering if any moms knew. Thanks

superstepmommy

Asked by superstepmommy at 10:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Im not sure the wait time, maybe google it. It does heighten your chances of pre-term labor. I had pre-term but im not sure if its from LEEP. My first pregnancy and now this one both docs mentioned it too me while going through my chart. If you can't find anything to help you on the internet, I would say go with the longest wiat time a doc gives you to be safe.
    Anonymous

• I don't think its the procedure you should worry about timing after. I would wait until you have the "green light" from your doctor that your paps are good and everything is a go. My doctor said I could try after I healed up, but that she would recomend waiting until I was clear just in case. You don't want to get preganant and then find out you need another Leep or something else.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 5:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2009