If you're now in a bad or poor relationship for whatever reason, what How are you dealing with it on a second by second basis?

Have you separated, is that what's holding you together until a divorce or getting back together becomes a reality? Are you staying in the marriage until kids older because of finances and to not make kids go back and forth between the two of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I held on as long as I could for my childs sake until it was obvious that staying together would cause more harm to my child than good. My husband turned into a raging violent alcoholic and was very unstable. We had to leave. I wish I had left earlier. The thing is that sometimes people change for the worse and in some cases it is impossible to predict when you marry them. My husband didn't drink or smoke and had a great job. Then he lost his job and started drinking and started doing drugs and down the spiral he went. We tried counseling, AA, absolutely everything and he didn't care enough to try. It was over.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I have been going through a rough patch. It's been a long time coming, and it finally came to a head recently. A part of me is tired of fighting and just wants to do what may be best and leave. Another part of me still knows there's hope and wants to keep fighting. We have two children together who will be negatively affected if their father and I stay together if we're not happy. DH and I are trying to work through our issues, but like I said they've been a long time coming. Things have changed soo much over the last two years. It's a 'round and 'round battle that never seems to get the resolve that it deserves, and sometimes I wonder if we just will never resolve it. So. . time will tell.
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:24 I feel your pain I too feel the same way. I fee like I try to work on our issues but we aalways land in the same place. Lately he makes me sooo angry soo quickly I have been cursing at him in front f my 23 month old son. I am a SAHM and have no money but it is getting to apoint were I don't know if it is worth dragging it on. Our issues are sex related...it is never enough even if we have it 1-2 x week he wants more, if we have more he complains I didn't give him enough BJ's. My problem is he takes his stress out on me daily he doesn't know how to talk nicely to me and along with my own stress I don't really feel up to it everyday. My sex drive is basically at 0 and he wonders why I try and talk to him, it works for a day or two and then it's back to square one. he claims he is grumpy because his "needs" are'nt getting met. I feel fed up!!1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Anon 1:54 .. Me and my husband have that same problem, sex is always and now that i think about it always has been a problem, no matter how often we have it its never enough, he looks at porn everyday which i hate and he tells our friends about our sitation and lies to me about it, we try different things all the time but it just doesnt matter.. My vajaina cant take alot and i often get yeast infections as a result .. We always argue over it and hes threaten to leave me several times, we have 2 children together and i dont want them to live without both of us together. I also dont know how i can support all of us on my own as i havent worked in over 4 years (ive been a sahm) Hes cheated on me before and i guess im just waiting for him to do it again (not that im telling him to go out and do it, i just know he will cheat again no matter what i do). So we are still together because i dont know how to live without or leave him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I'm trying to find other outlets like hanging out with our kids, socializing online, talking to other men and women..Anything that will help me keep my sanity while he's around. Shitty part is that he's really a great guy, has a full time job, never cheated, doesn't touch drugs (not even aspirin). Our problem is he hasn't matured and still has that momma's boy syndrome so I feel like I'm raising another child. He's a simple man, likes sports, drinks his beer every once in a while, and takes excellent care of the kids but I can't have a grown up conversation about anything with him because he's literally like one of the kids. He doesn't understand the first things about finances, maintaining a business, maintaining the household, kid's doctor's appts, discussing the news. If it doesn't have to do with sports, he wants nothing to do with it. The idea of being a grown up with responsibilities repulses him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2009