do you have to be religious to believe in Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, in fact religion can be the down fall to relationship with Jesus

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• No, you don't. There are many people who believe in god and/or Jesus and aren't affliated with any specific religion. Faith is something you believe regardless of proven or nonproven facts. God/Jesus is just that .. faith. Religion is only the guidlines in which some people believe God/Jesus would've wanted you to live your life. However, a person doesn't have to believe in said religion in order to believe in God/Jesus.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I am a devout Christian but I don't believe you have to be religious to believe in Jesus. He was a man and all men have the right to believe in him. I think it could do people good to follow his morals and ways even if they don't believe he is their Saviour or believe in God.
    Anonymous

• No u have to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• Being in a "religion" and having a "personal relationship" with Jesus are 2 entirely different things :) so the answer is no!
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 11:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• nope, i believe jesus lived and dies, but not for our sins, he was real. but i'm not in the christian religion.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• NO YOU DO NOT. I AM RELIGIOUS IN MY OWN UNIQUE WAY AND I DO NOT CAST MY VIEWS ONTO ANYONE. I DON'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE TO BELONG TO A CERTAIN DENOMINATION TO KNOW THE LORD.
    THATSMYMOMMA

Answer by THATSMYMOMMA at 12:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No.. it is about a relationship with Jesus.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Good question. I'd say no you don't have to be religious to believe in Jesus, that he existed, whether that meant believing he is the Son of God or not. But, I'd say a BFP to having to be religious to be a Christian, a follower of Jesus.

CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 3:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• NO!!!!! I'm a christian but i had a relationship with jesus way before i was converted.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 3:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2009