What's the best Christmas Present you have ever given/received?

For several years my mom and my aunt were feuding over this dining room table that used to belong to my grandmother. When she died it went to my mom, but her and my dad had no room for it, and my aunt wound up with it, and refused to return it. My aunt eventually died from breast cancer, and my uncle said that my mom could have the table (he knew she was the rightful owner), but she had no way of getting it from NC to Fl. This table meant so much to my mom (one of the very few things she has from her mother), so I talked my sisters into pitching in some money so I could rent a van, drive to NC and bring my mom her table for Christmas. I delivered the table to my mom Christmas morning while my sisters were all on the phone to hear her reaction, she cried, of course, and was so grateful! I don't think I could ever top that gift.

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• time for MY family instead of time for my FAMILY - meaning I used to give my family's time at christmas to my extended family and to my husband's plus some to our own family. Now we spend holidays home just ourselves and visit with extended family after the holiday. Bestest thing we coulda ever been gifted with is time for ourselves.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• The best material present I've ever gotten I didn't even like at first! It was a green throw (the fourth throw I had gotten that year!) and guess what I sleep with it every night! I even take it on vacation with me! I thought what am I going to do with four throws! Well they ALL came in handy and I ended up loving them ALL! I got a pink one that I keep in the car for picnics and for when we are at the park or watching fireworks at baseball games. I got a blue one that I keep in the livingroom and everyone fights over it when we're watching movies! I got a white one that my son drags all over the world. Then the famous green one. Goes to show you can end up loving any gifts! I got a turbini twist (which I thought was so stupid when I opened it) Now I love it and use it every time I wash my hair! I am not so quick to judge my presents now :) Merry Christmas!
    Anonymous

• I had a friend who due to serious health issues had a hard time cooking and didn't have a microwave.- I hadn't seen her in over 10 years, but I bought her a small microwave and delivered it to her. I know it made her life a lot easier :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• SO gave me my xmas present the other day. It was the most amazing sex. You'd had to have been there to understand why that was so important to me and something I'll remember forever and appreciate.
    Anonymous

• I FINALLY got a family cookbook. I had been waiting forever for it. :)

jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• a trip to Portugal :)
    toola

Answer by toola at 2:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• that was a great gift!

This might sound really silly, but the most thoughtful gift I ever rec'd was a small makeup kit by Avon. I was 19 and I went with my boyfriend to visit his adult cousin and her family for Christmas. His cousin didn't know that I was coming until that morning. They all sat down to exchange gifts and I didn't think anyone would have anything for me but then when they were passing out gifts, she handed me a small box with my name on it. I was completely shocked. I know it was probably something she had lying around just in case, but that was the most thoughtful thing anyone had ever done for me. Now I always make sure I have something just in case someone stops by unexpectedly.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 2:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I got my DH a hitch for his ATV, something he had been looking for, a long time. He will be surprised.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 5:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2009