how old is too old for a child to take a shower with the opposite sex parent?

i was reading a post discussing the inappropriateness of it and was just wondering at what age does it become inappropriate. i think my son was done taking showers with me around a year old if i remember correctly.

LoriaAnn

Asked by LoriaAnn at 11:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I stopped as my son hit three years old and my 2daughters about the same. When getting clean in the shower with my different became about body parts fitting places and size then it was time for privacy all around. It's natural for a child to wonder about bodies differences but to have those differences physically in the child's fast always at cleaning time isn't right. jmo.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My son is almost 2 and we still take showers together. It has not became awkward yet. If he starts staring at my female parts that is they day I will stop.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I stopped before my son was 2 when he understood the difference by pointing at my private saying "eww thats a girl." And saying "ooohhh look at that booty." Yeah, he gets it from his dad. But I would say stop the minute the child starts staring at your stuff as if they're trying to figure out whats going on.
    bossladyp

Answer by bossladyp at 1:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• lol bossladyp my son pushes my boobs and says boobies in front of friends got that from daddy 2 so i say very good go find daddys boobies and mine is 2 and he still dose
    Duwanesmommy

Answer by Duwanesmommy at 2:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I agree, when they start noticing differences and asking about them, then it is time to stop.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Mine are girls. They never did shower with dh, he is extreemly modest. My oldest stopped showering with me when she was about 6. The twins still do shower with me, just because of their special needs, it's easier to make sure they get their hair done right if I'm in there. So we make a game of it. They are 12 but function much like 6 year olds.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I say when either party becomes uncomfortable with it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2009