New Years Eve!

I need some ideas for New Years Eve. We were going on vacation and had to cancel so I still want it to be special for my 5 year old. It is going to be just myself and him this year. What can we do just us that would be special?
Here is what I already am thinking, a movie (Anyone know of a New Years movie?)
A new foods in the new year dinner. He gets to pick which new foods he wants to try. I bought some blow outs and hats for midnight (which is probably going to be more like 9pm) anything else? I really don't know. I know this has been asked before but this age range is a lot different than kids that are older. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• It's just going to be my 5 year old and me for New Year's too. We will probably watch a movie and watch the ball drop. I seriously doubt he will make it to midnight though. It seems that whenever I don't want him to stay up late, he will, but when I allow him to stay up then he can't make it past 10! I really like the new foods idea. I might try that as well.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Every half hour he calls a friend or relative to wish New Year. Every half hour he unwraps a snack, treat, matchbox car. I don't know where you live. If in a condo or apt, every half hour he calls a neighbor first, and delivers a plate of nachos. Tortilla chips on a chinet plate with the fixings you provide zapped for a minuet in the microwave. Every half hour he writes down on a scrap of paper to put in a jar what he wants to be better in January or what he wants to do in January, what he wants to be better in Feb or what he wants to do. Keep it in a jar mama and do it during the year. Open the jar next year and read back what you all wanted to do and what you all have done. Mama the possibilites are endless!! Give him one hug, give him two hugs, give him three hugs, give him four, with each half hour before he does those things! In one hug make it from me across the internet!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We'll be home with our kids for New Year's Eve as well. I was thinking of getting sparkling white grape juice to make a toast, and have some finger foods for the kids. I thought we'd watch Rudolph's Shiny New Year and Happy New Year Charlie Brown, and see how long they stay awake. Last year my 7 yr old SD fell asleep by 9:30 and my 11 yr old SS fell asleep by 11pm.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 2:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2009