my new bf seems uncomfortable around my son..

my boyfriend doesn't seem himself when he's around my son. he likes kids and everything and he plays with my son but it seems like his personality changes a little. he doesn't want to kiss me in front of my son, and he doesn't joke around like he usually does. it's kind of aggravating. what do you think is going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like he is respecting your son.

How long have you been together?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• How old is your son? sounds like he's trying to show respect. he knows your son was there first and wants him to be comfortable with your guys relationship- i mean, if it doesn't work out with him and your son, then the relationship with be harder for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• He could just be nervous around your son. I don't think it sounds like straight rejection but it seems like he doesn't want to be inappropriate around your son (making jokes, kissing you, ect). Ask your BF about it - just casually. No need for a long, dramatic conversation about it. Just when you're sitting there, watching tv (when your son is asleep/away) just tell him you notice his behavior changes and if he noticed it. And ask him why. Or something like that.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• maybe if he has dated someone with kids before they asked that he act a certain way in front of the kids and now he is acting that way around your child, or maybe he has never dated some one with kids and just doesnt know how to act, i agree with talk to him about it
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009