Marriage?

So I will get right to the point... I have been married for 3 yrs. been with my husband for 6 yrs. We havent slept Really Slept) together in 2yrs. cause his job makes him go into work at 2 am. So in turn we havent slept together. We havent had sex in 2 months and no kissing, foreplay nothing what so ever. I have told him time and time again that I am very unhappy. Just not sure how long do I have to stay this way till I will see a change. I will have nothing if I leave him. NOTHING! I have went part time at my job which I am only working maybe 8-10 hrs a week to take care of our 2 yr old daughter. The house is in his name, so I wont see a penny of it. And both cars are just in his name too. So truly I am screwed. Anyone else in the same boat married to there roommate and want out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Umm im sure your unhappiness isnt just b/c of the sex right? i dont think alot of ppl here are really understanding you...im kinda in the same boat as you, and its not just the sex, its just the loss of chemistry, interest and so on...its just like the romance dies out...your craving attention and he doesnt get it right...and the thought of a life like this seems miserable...i think you need to have a straight talk with him if that doesnt work try everything you can if nothing changes...you should leave...once again i feel you on that bc im scared to leave bc things will get hard financially and mentally, and even though he isnt really here for me i think i will feel extra lonely...hmmm this is a hard situation your in...but you should exhaust any chance you have to stay together and make it work but if not then know u deserve a man that can balance work and his family! your a human not a stepford wife!
    Mary.M

Answer by Mary.M at 1:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You didn't mention your efforts in this marriage. Marriage takes two people to work. Sitting around waiting for things to either get better or worse doesn't usually make things work. You shouldn't leave your marriage until you've exhausted every avenue and effort to save it. If you do, you'll just drag your baggage into your next relationship. BTW, unless he acquired those things before you two married, doesn't matter whose name it's in. It's marital property.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Screw the sex...I'd get a toy or a play toy and keep it on the hush and start stackin every penny I did get just in case that man decides to pull the plug. Being left with nothing sucks so don't chance it.
    bossladyp

Answer by bossladyp at 1:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• wow, you'd leave your husband and break up your family because of lack of sex. It would take alot more than that to break my family up. think about what youre doing. You'll be ripping your childs father away from her. she will grow up without her daddy. You'll possibly grow old alone. think about this before you walk out on your marriage and think about your vows, for better or worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• did you buy the house when you were married? What about the cars? I don't think you would wind up with nothing. Its called community property. Get a free consulatation from an attorney.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• how about before an attorney you guys do some counseling. i am going to have to agree with previous statements that you find a way to make it work by exhausting every option prior to divorce. so unless you are being physically or mentally abuse, or your child is, then start looking at more options...there are always more ways than one.
    reddforsyth

Answer by reddforsyth at 1:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• there are things that make you feel unhappy, have him sign postnaptual before you leave. but wait. give him and you chance and have things lined up. maybe a book from the library would give you an idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Well I have explained to my husband that I am very unhappy with the way things are... I have tried to sleep with him on the weekends and on his off days but he ends up leaving the room. He is 11 yrs old then me. He got the house 1 month before we got married. And one of the cars after we had our daughter. The last thing i would want to do is break up our home. But I dont want to be without love for the rest of my life because my husband isnt trying to work on our marriage. I have went to our pastor and my in laws told me that there is something you just keep private and issues in your marriage is one of them. My mother in law thinks she is my (our) boss. I have starting a side biz. and working my 8-10 hrs at my part time job. Being a full time wife and mother with 0 help from my husband. In 2 yrs he has only bathed our daughter 5 times, brushed her teeth maybe 8 times and that is only cause I ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Dec. 16, 2009