does any body else have a big baby?

my daughter was born big, 9 pounds 2.5oz & 20 inches short! lol now shes 4 mos & 19 pounds 9.5 oz and 26 inches long wooo woo bring out the fatty wagon!! it makes me feel so weird seeing all these skinny(normal) babes around ! does any body else have a big baby?

Zandrialeann

Asked by Zandrialeann at 1:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my ds was born 9lbs 6oz and 21 1/2" long. he's now 26mths and tall and skinny 37" tall and 29lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Mine was 6 lb 8 oz at birth and now at 2 1/2 months he's 13 1/2 lbs. Everyone comments on how fat he is. He stays hungry all the time, though.
    NursyLori

Answer by NursyLori at 1:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• my first was 2 weeks early and 9.5 20 inches (so thankful we didnt go to 40 weeks YIKES) the next two were right at 8.5-9 pounds and both were 22 and 21 inches. I had small babies lol normally in my family they are 10 pounds or more.

I remember how i would see these tiny newborns and here i was with these huge kids lol, now they are all tall and thin my 5 y/o is tall for her age. they were always in the 90th percentile. I remember with my first how people in the hospital were talking about this big baby (mine) my dad heard it on the elevator and laughed and said yup thats my grandson! At my sons 2 week check up the doctor tried to tell me my son was 2 months old and i looked at him like he was nuts (and changed doctors right away) he told me there was no way i had just given birth that my son was the size of the average 2 month old.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Yeppers! Mine will be a year next week and wears 18 months in clothing, a size 6 in shoes, and is 28 lbs. Been off the charts since entering my world! It's adorable as hell though.
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 3:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• yes with my first son he was 8 lb 15.5 oz. he is now 3 yr old and 38 in and 30 lb. they start to lose the baby fat when they get mobile and are interested in new things. I thought my son was going to be a big boy and he is now evend out i think.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 7:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• My son was born weighing 11 lbs and 10 oz. Everyone from the hospital came by to see "the whopper of a baby". By 4 months old he weighed 20 lbs. He outgrew his infant carrier around that time too. He stayed "chubby" until about 2-2 1/2 years old when he shot up in height and slimmed up a lot. He is still taller and larger then most children his size, but I would not have him any other way!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I had a chubber and at 9.5 months she has thinned down once she got moving. When your baby starts crawling and pulling up, then she should start to slim down. Nothing wrong with a chubby baby, they are not suppose to be skinny minnies.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Yep. 9 ilbs 10 ounces 22 inches long. I was a big baby. 9 pounds 12 ounces. My brother was 11 pounds when he was born. ...no joke.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• ok, mine is a fatty pants too! she was born 7lb. 1 oz. and 21 inches long and at her 1 month check up she weighed 14 lbs.! double her birthweight in 1 month. at 2 months she was over 15 lbs. and she goes back next month for another check-up so i can't wait to see how big she is now. she is turning 3 months tomorrow and i am starting to put her in 6-9 month clothes. the dr. gets on my nerves bc he said oh, breast fed babies aren't supposed to be obese! i'm like look..... she eats every 4 hours during the day and at night she sleeps 8-10 hours.... what more do you want????? lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Yep, and now at the age of three, he's still big. LOL Not fat, just tall as hell.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2009