How long are your kids off for Christmas break?

My kids' first day of break is Christmas Eve! It made it hard to make travel plans. They are back at school on January 4. My sister teachers in Las Vegas and they are done Friday. They get a full two weeks.

mommyjenny2009

Asked by mommyjenny2009 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Two weeks starting on Monday, this is their last week but already we have had a 2 hour late start and a snow day so not sure how much school they will actually go to this week.

They also had the whole week of thanksgiving off which is a first but it is due to cut school days because of the budget, we always have 2 weeks for winter break.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We get two weeks. I work in a school too, so the last day for all of us is the 18th and we go back on Jan 4. I can't wait!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We're in central California and get 3 full weeks, starting this Friday.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:00 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• This is my son's last week, and then he is off till Jan. 4th. I have never heard of them getting such a short break, where do you live?
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Mine has been off since just before Thanksgiving. He starts back in January.

Oh wait, I homeschool him, thus, I make the schedule. Works out well!

Yeah, when I was in school, we usually had school up until Christmas Eve unless the days fell weird and they had to give us an extra day or two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• The only child I have in school now is my son, who's in pre-school. they go four days a week, so his last day is tomorrow. They go back January 4, so he gets 2.5 weeks off, which is good because we're going to see my in-laws this weekend.
    cookiedough100

Answer by cookiedough100 at 7:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• My kids get 2 weeks. Friday is their last day and they go back January 4th.

When my oldest was in kindergarten and 1st grade we were living outside of Pittsburgh and our school only did like a week and a half. I had never heard of that before. Every school I had been to and every other school in the area got 2 weeks but not ours. Even the crossing guard thought it was nuts. They got out like on the 22nd23rd and went back as soon as they could after the New Year.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• 2 wks; from the 19th to the 3rd.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• my kids are off fro dec. 23 to jan 4. They go back on the 4th.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• 2 weeks, his last day is Friday and he doesn't go back until Jan 4. I teach at a Catholic preschool and our last day is tomorrow until the 4th (the elementary school part goes until the 22 and is off until the 4).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2009