when did you stop using your diaper bag?

Zandrialeann

Asked by Zandrialeann at 1:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son is 2 and we use a backpack for him we will stop when he fill we dont need one anymore
    Duwanesmommy

Answer by Duwanesmommy at 2:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• When it stopped being enough. Now I carry a much smaller bag with a larger supply of backups in the car. DD is 21 months, and I've been doing this for most of 2009.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• When I had my second child. With my first i carried a diaper bag loaded for bear everywhere I went. When I had my second I switched to an even bigger diaper bag to hold enough for both of them. Then I realized that if I just put a bag in the trunk with a change of clothes, some extra diapers and various other possible necessities all I really needed to carry with me were a few diapers and diaper wipes which fit in my purse. So now it's two diapers for the 7 month old, one pull-up for the 3 year old and a slim diaper wipe case in my purse.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 3:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• since he started eating table food. A bag full of diaper stays in the car. Now all I carry is him, his sippies and my purse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Mine is 2 1/2 and we will carry a couple extra diapers, a cup & an outfit change just in a small back pack.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I still haven't stopped! LOL! I bought a diaper bag from Target that looks like a purse. I carry that all the time. Of course our kids are all very young and I now have a newborn again. But even when I didn't carry much for the kids, I still carry the diaper bag as my purse. It is so much easier then having to switch stuff to a purse if I get to go out alone. The downside is my husband won't carry it for me - since it looks like a purse. :-)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I'm not sure when I stopped. mine's 2 and I don't use it. I keep a pair of panties in my purse and that's it. When potty training, I keep a diaper or pull up in there. But when I needed bottles or sippy cups and snacks and wipes and extra burp clothes, etc. I used the bad. I do also keep a small first aid kit in my purse too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i still carry a diaper bag, my kid is 2 1/2. she is still in diapers and i like to have an extra outfit just in case. pllus snacks, sippies etc.. i dont think ill stop anytime soon.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 9:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• My oldest is 5 and my youngest is 23 mths so we still use it occasionally but its really rare and only for bigger trips or when we are going to someones house for more than a couple of hours.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• My daughter is almost 1. We use it occasionally. We take it when we go grocery shopping, but it's not totally chock full of stuff. There's maybe a bottle, dropins, formula, and two diapers. Sometimes I don't even take the bag, I'll just put a diaper and bottle in my purse.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2009