opinions please *play nice ladies*

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34433914/ns/us_news-education/?GT1=43001

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 2:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it's stupid. and i really don't care if either side is changing their story. even if the little boy wasn't asked to draw something that reminded him of the season he still should not have gotten in trouble. How about freedom of religious expression! i mean. It's a child's pictures of JESUS CHRIST. seriously. does that mean my kids are gonna get in trouble for drawing stars with circles around them or pictures of gods and goddesses?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Already posted. Duplicate.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• was it my child, i'd be shocked. I'd call them to court for all account - mistreatment, abuse to his rights for education for these days he was back home, his hurting emotions and personality touch, all the bad.... were i the teacher, i shall approach such a student with lots of tactfull and considerate attitude, such as have had closer observation hours/days to come if he's not incined to hurt himself as to feel the pain for others wrongs etc. he must had been very sensitive nature already visitig the place of religious devotion put such an inpact on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• This is really stupid. The boy was just expressing his limited understanding of the holiday season. When I was in first grade I signed all of my papers Christ. It didn't mean that I thought I was Christ I simply couldn't spell Christine yet. My teacher loved it and had to save one for herself.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 3:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Sounds like the Dad is creating this story. I feel sad for his son. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It sounds like both sides are changing their story which makes me suspicious.  But either way they have created a mountain out of a mole hill.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It's odd that both sides are changing their stories. That being said, if the original story is true, I think it's a major overreaction on the part of the school board.
    The part about drawing the eyes as 'x' to depict a dead person being somehow threatening or disturbed cracks me up, my son would have been sent home from that school ages ago because he always does that. He learned it from Looney Tunes cartoons... he will also draw swirls and birds over someone's head to depict them being dizzy or knocked out.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I only got to the first paragraph. The little boy was ASKED to draw something and he did, and he got in trouble for it. Poor lil guy. He is probably so confused.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2009