co-sleeper crib

just wondering if anyone has used a co-sleeper bed and if they attach to your bed? Don't want to risk them falling between my mattress and theirs if they are not attached..I want one but want to know how they work first..

MamaC.C

Asked by MamaC.C at 2:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Shopping

• We had a soft fence-like co-sleeper on our bed. We had a bassinet for naps.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I used a cosleeper bassinet with my Son and will be useing it again with my new baby boy due any day now. I loved it! It hooks to the mattress but the baby can not roll out of it because it still has a side on the side that is near the mattress, it's just a lower side. I had no issues at all with transfering my son from the cosleeper bassinet to his crib in another room when he out grew the cosleeper and started rolling. I had Arm's Reach Mini Classic Co-Sleeper Bassinet -http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3069590 I love it because not only can it hook to the mattress the shorter side rises so it can be used as a regular bassinet for naps as well. I love this bassinet because the baby is always with in an arms reach. Good Luck!
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I'd like to get a cosleeper bassinet too, so thanks for your question!
    I've heard good things about the Arm's Reach co-sleeper bassinet that's mentioned by one of the other posters. I believe it comes in both mini and full sizes.

My first baby just slept right in the bed with us for close to 6 months because of colic. Transferring to his crib really wasn't an issue-- he decided he wanted to on his own! However, I won't sleep with a baby simply in the bed with us again-- I never slept well, my husband isn't great at being aware in his sleep, and the blankets were an issue. That's why I'm investigating other options.

If you are worried about the safety of various co-sleeping methods/beds, a regular bassinet in your room is the closest you can get!

Good luck to you!
    Dove14

Answer by Dove14 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We were thinking of getting one, but they look creepy. We are just getting one for IN the bed (the one with the light)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2009