Contractions to be worried about?

K so these contractions are REALLY confusing me. I'm about 32 weeks and I keep having contractions about every 3 minutes. There is absolutely NO pain my stomach just gets very tight. Are these still considered braxton hix since there is no pain involved?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 3:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ur best bet is to call ur doc. OBGYN's are on call all the time and have no problem being woken up. Some ppl have labor pains pain free and some hurt like hell. Besides, if you go to the hospital and are sent home because they ARE braxton hicks, don't feel embarrassed. I did it a few times, with BOTH of my kids. And if they are the real thing, you'll be glad you went in. Labor at home-unless it's planned- can be anything but great. So call ur doc NOW and ask his/her advice. Better safe than sorry. PM me if you have any questions.
    greenmom4543

Answer by greenmom4543 at 3:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I had that at 35 weeks and ended up going to L&D to aire on the side of caution b/c I had a history with very quick deliveries. I wasn't dilated or in any pain...they had me drink TONS of water and it turned out I had Group B strep that went into my bladder, causing the contractions. At the time they though it was a bladder infection and/or dehydration.
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 10:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It's probably Braxton-Hicks contractions, but the general rule of thumb is to go to L&D (or at least call your OB) if you have more than 4-6 contractions in an hour, regardless of pain or lack thereof, especially when you're still pre-term. Better safe than sorry.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• That to me sounds like a common BH. I have had them since I was 26 weeks pregnant and they havent done much of anything but dilate me to 1-2cm. I PERSONALLY would not call the doc for a BH but I know alot of ladies on here are quick to encourage you to call your doctor
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2009