Peeling Paint off the wall?!?

How do I stop my three year old from peeling the paint off of her walls???? I don't know how to get her to stop peeling the paint off the walls. One day there will be no spots on the wall and then the next day there will be this huge spot of missing paint that she has peeled off. I have tried everything I can think of; I tried disciplining her, moving her bed, taking away toys in her room, giving her more toys in her room and had her help me repaint it and she is still peeling the paint off the walls and she only does it when she is suppose to be napping, this has been going on for about a month now and the room is starting to look like a war zone.

trbl66621

Asked by trbl66621 at 3:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• hmmm...maybe try putting stuff on the walls.....such as glow in the dark stars (but my preschooler peeled those off...at least the ones within her reach) and the ones she can't reach she loves. Another idea i want to try but can't b/c we are renting right now, it to get the washable kids room paint in plain white and allowing her to draw on it.....it may be drawn on, but at least it'll be a work of her art and you won't have to keep repainting!
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 5:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• get a monitor so you can hear when she's not napping like she's supposed to be, you can go in & stop the paint peeling before it gets started. What kind of paint/walls do you have where its this easy to peel the paint off? I went & looked @ my daughters walls & there's no way she could peel ours. Also, lead paint concerns, if she's peeling the paint then any chemicals in the paint is getting into your little one's body. When you repaint get the no VOC paint-Shewin Williams has a great array of colors.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2009