Placental Abruption..

I have been bleeding since week 14 of my pregnancy (I am now 23 wks 4 days) and was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage. Part of the placenta (about 20%) was found to be detached during my ultrasound on the 7th, which as I understand would be defined as "partial" placental abruption. My doctor is seriously concerned about preterm labor and is admitting me to the hospital indefinitely at the 24 week mark. (And yes I have been on bedrest) My question is, will the placenta continue to tear away from the uterine wall? Has anybody had experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had placenta privia, at 26 weeks, and had my son a couple days later, he is 5 years old now, and doing great, take care of yourself.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 7:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Your doctor is admitting you pretty much at the age of viablity so that if you go into preterm labor they can try to stop it or do an immediate c-section. You will be monitored very closely. Good luck to you and your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• My friend had a placenta abruption hers happen all at the same time. she was 28 wks. her son is now 1 1/2 cute lil boy and very healthy. he was in the nicu for 2 mts but he is very active. sending prayers.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2009