Do you believe in the Rapture?

I'm just wondering cause my church doesn't believe in this (never even heard of it until the other day) what is this exactly? i want to know what it is cause i saw it on american dad and i'm pretty sure that wasn't accurate lol.

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 3:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Many believe that Jesus will come and believers will just start disappearing (, the Antichrist will come into power,a 7-year tribulation period will begin, people will have a second chance to repent before Jesus returns the third time... but I don't.

I believe that Jesus is coming back to take His believers to Heaven. (John 14:1-3) I don't believe it will be a "secret" because the description appears to be quite noisy, loud enough to wake the dead! (1 Thessalonians 4:14-18) The Bible says EVERY eye shall see Him. (Revelation 1:7)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• lexy Jesus is returning a third time? where was the second.

To answer the question Lexy got it. But i like her understand tha there is no way out. we will be hunter down and killed for our beliefs. Probation is closing soon...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 6:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No the American Dad episode was not correct and I only watched it because of it being about the Rapture. It is the belief among Christians the true believers will be taken up in the air either before the Trib, during the trib, or after. I Tend to believe that it will be before Armageddon because the Bible mentions that only 144,000 converted Jews that are spreading the word. I used to think it would be at the beginning, but no one can be for certain.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No one can be certain because there is not going to be a secret or special rapture for the true believers. There is only going to be a second coming and everyone will know. This is a new teaching that a young disturbed girl made up in the mid 1800's. It wasn't until the early part the last century that it started up again. Mainly by denominations that were trying to prove that sola scriptora is correct. These are the kind a false teachings that happen when you take passages out of context. instead of everything together OT and NT plus the history if the time that scripture was written.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I hadn't head of the "rapture" until a couple years ago and personally find it silly but won't criticize anyone believing in it. I have learned that those who believe in it say that "believers" will be "taken" and "non-believers" will be "left" behind as in Matthew 24:36-44. But I read that passage, and Jesus said, "for as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man". This means those who are "taken" are the ones to be punished.

confused

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• The times Jesus was here on earth physically...
    #1 - At the time of his birth and his 33 years living
    #2 - At his Resurrection after the third day past his Crucifixion
    The third time will be at the Rapture when He comes to claim ALL of His followers before the 7 year reign of the anti-christ.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I believe in the Rapture. But Lexy, the rapture is not the Second Coming of Christ. There is no third coming!!! You are right that we believe the Rapture happens before the Tribulation. Jesus doesn't come back down here, we meet Him in the air.

The reason that I believe in this is because there is a pattern set for it in the Old Testament, through the story of Enoch who walked with God, and pleased God. He was taken away and he never saw death. Jesus taught on the rapture, and it was a belief of the early church and taught in the Bible.

When we (the bride of Christ) are raptured, and the Tribulation begins, we will be enjoying the marriage supper of the Lamb in heaven. Then after the seven year Tribulation, Jesus will return to the earth and us with Him to fight the battle of Armegeddon. He will come to make war, and then will come the final judgement.

I can give you some verses or some links if you like.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• flatlanderjen, when it talks about the days of Noah, you have to look back and see what it was like in the days of Noah. Genesis says that, "And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." 6:5. God kept the righteous safe from the destruction He brought on the earth.

Actually, the story of Noah symbolically represents the Jews who are left behind after the Rapture, and who God keeps safe from the Tribulation, as their eyes are opened and they recieve Jesus as their Messiah. Enoch, represents the church, that is taken away.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Experts in Bible prophesy that I would recommend would be Donald Perkins (very easy to understand), Ed Hindson, Mark Hitchcock, and Joel Rosenberg.

Major Rapture Terms and Passages

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• believe that Jesus is coming back to take His believers to Heaven. (John 14:1-3)

i think Jesus was talking about having many abodes in heaven for the anointed christians that will go to heaven.
    Anonymous