What age do you give babies apple juice?

i want to know what age you did this ( I want to mix it in the rice cereal so it tastes better so he'll want to eat it)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At about 4 months or so. Mixing it in the rice cereal is a good idea. Just be sure if you give him a bottle of apple juice, you cut it. By that I mean, if it's a4 ounce bottle, put 2 oz of juice in, and 2 oz of water. You don't say how old your baby is, but that will work, and takes the shock of a new taste out. Good luck:)
    cookiedough100

Answer by cookiedough100 at 7:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Mixing it in the cereal should be fine at any age that he's old enough to eat it. If you're giving him juice to drink, though, definitely dilute it with water, at least half and half. I still won't give my 2.5-year-old straight apple juice because it gives him the runs something awful (I'm talking poopy explosions here...).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We introduced juice at three (years, not months) as an occasion treat. If you need to give your baby cereal, mix it with breast milk. Or skip the cereal, and mash up a bit of avocado, then baked sweet potato. Pumpkin mixed with oatmeal is great for babies (and grownups).

Two great resources for feeding babies, with differing philosophies: www.babyledweaning.com  www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• 12 months, only as a treat.

I don't blame your LO, I wouldn't want to eat that garbage either! If he's younger than 6 months, then wait until he's 6 months. If older. try some avocado, banana or sweet potato.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2009