Trying to get my 18 month old to sleep in a his toddler bed, How do I do it?

My son is 18 months old and we need the crib for his 3 month old sister, We have been doing his bed time routine the same as always except we are now laying in the bed. We say good night and close the door. We watch on the carma and when we see him get up we go back in and put him back down. He thinks it fun and runs back like we are playing the you can't get me game. As it continues he will get out before we even leave the room. Should we not be going in? Any sugestion?

littlefee89

Asked by littlefee89 at 8:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just make it so he can't get out of the room (as long as the room is baby proofed) and let him stay. he'll get tired and go to sleep. Since going in is just exciting him, skip that part. unless he's doing something bad, just leave him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I apologize in advance if you don't like the nanny shows, but I've seen them put 'em back in bed everytime they get up. As long as they don't make eye contact when they go back.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2009