Do you ever mix rice cereal and baby food fruit?

My dd loves it. I do it so I can use up all the first foods, they are so runny and she is on second foods, sometimes 3rd foods now.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 8:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes I did :) I am a mother of 2 with one on the way and my boys were such little piglets that I found rice ceral to be a real blessing! (they are healthy-and not overweight but wanted to eat a lot-they are big boys and just grew sooo fast!) My 2 year old is 37 lbs. and not chunky just tall and stocky.I found that rice ceral mixed with fruit or even in the bottle kept him fuller, longer and even helped him sleep through the night. Some people will say do not give them rice ceral for the first 6 months or a year, because it will cause food allergies but I was told my OB (who was on the board of directors in Seattle for 20 years) that this is only true if the parents have food allergies as it is only genetically disposed.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I do. Not rice but other cereals because DD hates rice. It's cheaper than 3rd foods which that's what most 3rd foods are anyway. Fruit or veg mixed with something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Yep, I did it all the time - my kids wouldn't eat cereal plain or baby food plain - but actually what I did was mixed up the cereal and poured the baby food over it - so at least they had some formula in with it too and got a few more calories in their little bodies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• That's the only way my son would eat the cereal. Then after a few days of the fruit/cereal mix, he wouldn't touch that either, so we went to straight fruits. He's never had baby cereal since, and my daughter has skipped cereal (and baby foods, for that matter) all together.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We didn't use any jarred foods...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Every time! she prefers the oatmeal to the rice but it goes in all of her 2nd foods - she likes them nice and thick and she is not overweight either. She simply stops eating when she is full :)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2009