People who say they would NEVER....

vote for any Republican candidate.
OR
vote for any Democratic candidate.

Would you say this limited outlook and perspective is narrow minded? Do you feel this path that 'some' Americans are headed of voting partisan politics is attributing to the deterioration of our Government?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 9:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Idk personally after this last election and seeing just how damn extreme alotof liberals have become..how they seem to want big government to control all ..I likely wont be voting for any dems again any time soon...yes I have voted for a few dems in the past...the old democrat not that of today..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No I don't. I would never vote Democrat because I do not believe in the party's platform and any democratic candidate is going to believe and vote along those lines for the most part. I would vote 3rd party though. If I agreed with a democrat enough to vote for him or her, then that person must not be a very good democrat and should probably switch parties.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I think the two party system is a crock and should be done away with all together.
    Anonymous

• I do think that people who refuse to analyze because they have an R or a D are being narrow minded.

The candidate should be considered based on merits, policies, and qualifications. NOT party affiliation. Fiscal Responsibility is of utmost importance to me. I have voted Democrat in the past (local/state level) because the candidate show more fiscal awareness and responsibility. I have yet to see it on the Federal Level. However, I wouldn't rule it out. Some of the "Blue Dogs" could get my attention, but I would have to weigh their stance on other chandidates

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I did always vote for Evan Bayh when I lived in Indiana.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I'm a registered Republican and I've voted for Democrats in the past if I felt they were best for the job. Right now I'm so disgusted with both parties that I'm seriously considering changing to the Independent or Libertarian party.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• The democratic platform today is the platform of the socialist party of yesteryear, a frightening thought indeed. That being said, a candidate should be researched, and voted for, based on their personal stance on key issues not on party platform.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I will vote for any candidate who is fair and open-minded and doesn't inflict old fashioned,far right, born again values on the citizens of America.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• While I believe the practice and thought process IS narrow minded, I do not believe that it contributes to the deterioration of the government, as it happens on both sides of the card; balanced so to speak. IMO what contributes to grid lock is special interests and pork spending, and the policies enacted/decisions made to support such- I also believe the 2 party system needs to be EXPANDED, as so many citizens are clearly disillusioned with the current status quo-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• *contributes to grid lock ARE.....
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2009