My tot 3 yrs always takes swipes at my cat 4 yr. The cat just runs away. How can I get my son to stop taking jabs a my cat?

My son is on the Autism scale but he does have a great comprehension and problem solving skills.
The cat has scratched him before about 2 years ago, drawing blood from his face. Scratch across the nose.
He doesnt mind or pay attention when I love on the cat. But when my son walks by and sees the cat he does something to make him run off... Help

Ntmymomsdaughtr

Asked by Ntmymomsdaughtr at 9:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD eventually learned to just leave the cat alone. Occasionally she will chase or scare the cat, and the cat runs, but its not a big deal. When we were teaching the kids how to pet the cat nicely, we told them to tickle the cat, that way they used their fingers, instead of patting, which would sometimes result in hitting the cat. Mostly we just tell her not to bother the cat. If he's only gotten scratched once then I'd say you have a very well behaved cat.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2009