Is this really what you want?

Tell me again how wonderful UHC is in other countries?

NHS maternity services in meltdown: A former midwife reveals how understaffed wards are sinking into chaos

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1235921/Midwives-meltdown-A-NHS-worker-reveals-understaffed-maternity-wards-sinking-chaos.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I worked in an ICU- you'd shudder to know just how often we currently work UNDERSTAFFED- health care is a for PROFIT business; it's all about $$$. Yes, even in 2010 (almost) America!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I know plenty who work in ICU's and not all are understaffed...going UHC in this country certainly wouldnt be the magic fix by no means it would likely make it all worse...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Sister, you DO realize who stands to make a profit from from Obama-Pelosi-Ried CARE, don't you? Pharma, for one. Do you think there is anything about this current health care bill that takes the Profit and Business OUT of the US health care?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• "A world of shoddy practice, poor hygiene standards and a shocking disregard for patients' individual needs."

This is from the article. Sister, you work someplace like that? I'm assuming you aren't like that, but if your hospital is that bad, why don't you report them?

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• In the current bill, everyone is required to buy insurance, run by the big insurance companies. Pharma still gets to set its rates. There is nothing in the current bill that takes the profit from insurance companies or pharma.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I do not support the current proposal (for the billionth time), however, when folks do not also acknowledge the existence of major flaws within our current system it takes on "the head in sand" property. Grly, duh-tell me something I do not know. Just because this 1 isn't it, doesn't mean change does not need to happen, for viability sake!

Tn, your friends, relatives, co-workers, dog ET al will not convince me-I work in the system (and have for almost 30 years). I KNOW-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Sister lol I know you believe you know ALL..get over that sheesh as I said not ALL hospitals are undersaffed..and I know some who have been in it just as long as you have
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• and for cripes sakes I guess if we dont al say in every single post on health care that we know some reform is needed that HAS TO MEAN we dont think there should be ANY..I dont know howmany dang times it has to be stated..you always go back to this ..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We need reform but what I see debated is not reform just more of the same we get from politicians. Biden saying if they don't get this passed it will be a generation before anything is done is not encouraging and shows this is not about us but about politicians and the games they play. If our politicians cared about fixing things they would regulate the insurance industry, implement tort reform which would save 50+billion, allow people to buy across state lines which would create competition so costs again would come down and they would help the 15 million who don't have insurance but want it. The 11 million uninsured illegals should be deported and the 20 million who make over 65k and chose to not have insurance should not be allowed to file bankruptcy when they chose to go without.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Yes, because UHC is going to be JUST like the UKs health care system. That tired horse is being dragged through the streets again.

I am LIVID that the public option is off the table. Livid. If I could kick those rat bastards Lieberman and Nelson right in the shins repeatedly, I would, without regards to prosecution. 2 assholes with blatant agendas........

Without the public option, which to me was the one way that the HC companies were going to have ANY accountability, I cannot support this HC bill anymore. That saddens me more than anyone here will ever know.

I am so angry with Congress right now. And before any of those who generally disagree with me go the I told you so route, all "your folk" are equally responsible. Both parties are deserving of a whipping over their actions regarding us, the supposed represented.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2009