Trying for number 2

Me and my husband have been trying for months (3) now to have baby number 2 but it doesn't seem to be happen. We have been following the charts and taking test but still month after month I'm still getting my friend. So I was thinking about going to my dr and talking to him about why I'm not getting pregnant and to check to see if there is anything wrong but I'm not sure when I should go to the dr and talk to them or what to say.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• THey will not laugh at you. I was trying for only 4 months when I went in. Found out I wasnt ovulating and went on meds to fix it. Sadly we're still TTC and it's month 8 for us.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You've only been trying for 3 months?? That's hardly cause for concern. Throw away the charts and just have fun with your husband.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• After 3 years with my Dh we had our first child. My son is 18 months old and I am 13 weeks pregnant with # 2. Another miracle again. I lost hope in the biggining and gave up all the test and started working out in the gym. I was only 125 pounds before I had my first. I think what really helped me was working out. Change in my body. I did the same thing with my second. we tried for months but I did not work out. Then I started working out again. Two months later I found out that I was pregnant with # 2. However, everybody is different. You may try what I did... and see if it works. and hey, one more thing, I stayed away from him just before my periods. I won't allow him to touch me. Think it really worked for me. Good luck and soon you will have another one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Most doctors will laugh you out of their office if you've been trying for anything less than a year. It's NOT normal to get pregnant within a month or two of starting to try; it happens, but not as often as you might like. 3-4 months is AVERAGE, sometimes it takes perfectly normal, fertile couples a few months longer than that. Fertility issues are not looked for unless you've been actively trying for at least a year with no success. Just keep at it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2009