Should I go to the ER, I had a MC, but everything is out and I'm not bleeding anymore

I was at work last, and went to the bathroom. Well, I was spotting and it never got worse then that. Well I got home about ten, and the blood was thicker, and a bit clotty. I didn't think anything at the time bc I wasn't in pain. Well I took a long shower. I woke up this morning with an aweful pain. I decided to go to the bathroom to check things out. Well I had tons of brown blood, a bit stringy and clotty. after about 45 min, there was no more blood or clots. The pain has also gone away. I have had 2 prior to this, and there wasn't as much blood or clots. So my question is should I go iin, or is it all out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to at least call your doctor and go get checked out.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No matter how far you are your should get checked out even if you don't have an ob yet. Either call an ob or hospital ob clinic through to be seen. You want to make sure if it's a miscarriage that everything has passed.

I'm sorry you've gone through this.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't go to the ER. I had a MC and it took about a week for everything to get out. I did go to the Dr. they did nothing but confirm the MC. Said if everything didn't come out within a week they would do a DnC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Oh and I am sorry :(
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry. This is your 3rd miscarriage, how sad. I also had 3 miscarriages. I was able to have 3 sons.

I wouldn't go to the ER. You can call your doctor and see if the doctor thinks you should go. Sometimes insurance has a nurse you can call and ask if you should go to the ER.

Since you have had 3 miscarriages you may have some immune issues that are causing the miscarriages that can be treated and then you won't miscarry. It's something to look into if you are ttc. Immune mechanisms may be responsible for 50% of miscarriages.

http://www.rialab.com/miscarriages_prevented.php

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i also wouldn't go to the ER but would call to get checked by a midwife or OB. so very sorry for your loss.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I've had two miscarriages and in my opinion I would just all your doctor and let him know what happened. He/she may want to do blood work just to make sure your hcg is at zero. With mine, my progesterone levels dropped and I believe that is why I miscarried so maybe have them check that early on if you get pregnant again. Since you've had three, they will probably consider you high risk and will do a lot more testing anyway. I'm sorry this happend to you and good luck in the future!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• How long ago was the MC and when did you stop bleeding? This could just be your period. I would suggest calling your OB though. He can advise you whether you should be seen or not.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 1:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009