Britax Roundabout vs. Graco My Ride 65--which would you buy?

I'm in the market for a new convertible car seat and I have narrowed it down to these two. I've found both for the same price, which is what I'm looking to spend. I'm looking for something that will allow my 16 month old son to continue rear-facing and will be easier to install than his current seat. Thoughts?

CMcDougal

Asked by CMcDougal at 10:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If they are the same price then go with the one you like to look at best lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:32 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I got the Roundabout and took it back for the Roundabout 50. I chose Britax cuz of it's safety ratings. I had to take back the Roundabout cuz at 18mos (when i bought it) my son's head was reaching the edge of the headreast. The Roundabout 50 goes higher. Good luck!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I have the Graco My Ride 65 for my daughter and she loves it and so do we. It was really easy to install and she is pretty comfortable in it. We bought this seat when she was about 10 months and she is 1 now, so we have used it both ways and she has plenty of leg room. I love that it has two cup holders, I usually put her sippy cup in one and in the other I leave a cup of snacks. But I agree if you found one for the same price as the My Ride I would go for the Britax since they do have a higher safety ratings.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• IDK what the price you found is but you can get some britax marathons for $199, which is a steal :) The weight on that for rear facing is 35 (pretty standard) BUT the height is 49inches! My son has a maxi cosi priori which only goes up to 36 inches! Im considering getting a marathon so he can rear face longer!
    MaMa-niCOOL

Answer by MaMa-niCOOL at 12:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• First I would try them both in your car... Babies R Us and Toys R Us will let you try them... make sure that they fit well... see how your child fits in them.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Britax has the best safety ratings, but the myride rear faces longer. If you plan to extend rear facing, go with the myride, if not, go with the britax, if your child is going to be forward facing, then I would get the safest seat available. My son is 15mths old rear facing, and my game plan is to rear face him in a Britax til the limits of those seats, then get a SKR which rear faces to 45lbs, then when he goes forward facing, but him back in the Britax, and keep the SKR as a spare. Lol....
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2009