Donating toys and questions about Santa...

How do you explain to your little one's about donating toys to kids who are less fortunate when it comes to Santa....the inevitable question, "doesn't Santa bring gifts to these kids?" is sure to come up... wondering how you spin that one. =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Holidays

• I would just tell them we have to help Santa, he has a lot work to do.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• my kids actually never asked!...Maybe it was because we gave them gifts from US and from one each from Santa...so my guess is that they must have figured we were helping the parents
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Yes, he does.

What we are doing is donating to the kids that do not have home, someone needs to help Santa?

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Good question...my kids never asked. Last year, we adopted a family for Christmas. We bought the family Christmas dinner, cookies and gitfs for each member of the family. My kids never asked. They just knew we were doing something nice for someone on Christmas! It was really special and afterall, it's about giving.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We did the angel tree this year, my oldest will be four next month and is very sharp! The only thing she wanted to do was meet and be friends with the little boy we adopted from the tree, she thought he needed friends to go with his toys. I told her that we just had his name and age so I did not know who he was and I was sorry. She never once asked about Santa.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I would say maybe their parents are the ones on here who refuse to let them have imaginations and believe in Santa and if you don't believe you don't receive. Ha.
    Anonymous