Where do you think Michelle Obama stands in all this turmoil?

I know she's behind Obama all the way, but do you think she's deep down hiding her shame?

Or is she trying to make brownie points with Americans to earn her family some POSITIVE attention?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I like Obama. He's trying very hard to fix what Bush created. Our country is moving in the right direction. As far as I can tell, he is coming up with creative ideas to help the economy and get us out the wars that Bush created. We all know the Iraq war was created so he could finish what is daddy started. It had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11. Everyone knows it had to get worse before it gets better. The economy is finally making a turn for the better. If you don't agree, then why did Clinton get us out of debt to have Bush put us right back in up to our eyeballs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Wow I think anon just used about every dem talking point there is in that one post

As for Michele honestly dont know what shes doing/thinking..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Clinton didn't get us out of debt fully. He had a surplus in name only Social Security was still filled with IOU's and some of his policies and his tax rates were sinking families like my own. We only got relief after the Bush tax cuts were put in place. Obama is a whiny brat who bullies to get what he wants. You love him fine the buck stops with him. President Kennedy came into a mess and accepted full responsibility for it. Didn't whine about the guy before him was a real man and a real leader who realized as President he needed to be responsible and not play games. Obama is not great he is a typical politician who is out for his own. His wife is irrelevant she holds no office she just wastes money with 20+aides.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• are you kidding me? Michelle is deep down "hiding her shame" ? That is so crazy. LOL. But why don't you ASK Michelle? LOL.
    I am constantly amused by all the posters who think they KNOW it all. Youare just guessing and spreading little white lies and hinting at things that you could not possibly know. But,hey,if you are enjoying your rumor-mongering, then go for it!!!! Good grief...
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• That is a good point though about Obama crying as if he didnt run for the office a gun was held to his head to take it..gwb made me triple our debt..its gwb who made me go around apologizing and groveling on the floor for America..etc ..to be honest if it was my husband id be embarrassed yes id have to wonder if I married a man or an irresponsible sissy who never truely had to work hard for a thing in his life..Id have to tell him to cowboy up and own his words and decisions

might be harsh but im serious it makes him look ridculous
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I could care less what Michelle is thinking... I care MORE about what she is doing..... with tax payer money. She has the LARGEST staff of ANY First Lady, afterall....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I married a man a responsible one at that..if he acted like that as fire chief of the fire dept..id be totally turned off and id tell him all about it! LOL
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:32 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

-----------------------------------

I'm pretty sure that wasn't what my opinion is, but a question that I asked. But take a personal stab at me because you don't like my question. That's great. That makes YOU the butt of the joke.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• OP, I think Michelle is a snot with a chip on her shoulder. No shame for her only a sense of entitlement.

Clinton did not get us out of DEBT, we were trillions of dollars in DEBT when he left office. He had a budget surplus, when meant he had a little extra cash left over. This means nothing if you don't pay the bills though! Do you know how he got the cash? He GUTTED our military. We had to spend billions to put ourselves back into protection mode after 9/11.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Oh man, if my DH wasn't fulfilling his promises wholly that got him the position in the first place, damn right I'd be embarrassed! My DH not keeping his word? Embarrassed. My DH getting in over his head? Embarrassed. My DH taking on a task he knew he wouldn't be able to tackle? Embarrassed.

If I knew there was no way to get away from the embarrassment, I may, just the same as I feel Mrs. Obama is, create a diversion, and focus attention on what breed of dog would suit MY family (that's a border collie, by the way!) and whether or not my wardrobe is outstanding! Hell, I might even get Mattel to make dolls of my DS!!! No, sorry, they'd be ACTION FIGURES!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2009