How would you answer this?

My SD8 asked me the other day if her Daddy and I stayed up Christmas Eve after she and her brother went to sleep and ate the cookies and milk she put out for Santa. In effect, if we were Santa. This made me very uncomfortable, because she is my step-daughter and not my daughter and I didnt' want to be the one to uncover Santa. What would you do if you were in my place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Holidays

• I think I would have said that I don't eat the cookies, but let's check with dad to make sure he's not eating the cookies, that buys you some time and then you can talk to your DH about how to handle before he talks to her about it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Talk to her dad about how he wants to handle the situation and back up whatever he decides.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 11:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Ooh, that is touchy. I would let the real Mom know and ask her if she wanted to discuss it with her or if she minded you did because she asked you.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I'd say, thats a good question. I think we need to ask your dad...
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Well, i probably would've told her the truth. ...but i don't lie to my kids at all. I don't even have them buy into the whole Santa thing. ...They are 4 and 5 and even though i have told them that Santa is a story they still believe anyways. Which is way cute! lol

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• gramsmom has the right idea. You don't want to be the bad guy. Dodge the question and ask her dad and birth mom.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be the one to tell her.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 2:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2009