CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS WITH ALUM POWDER???

Does anyone know where I can get Alum Powder? I want to make come Christmas ornaments and the recipe I have calls for Alum Powder. I checked Wal-Mart and the local grocery store. I found some on Amazon but I don’t need it so bad that I will pay $7 for shipping!

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Alum is something you use for pickling. It is found at your local grocery store, or Wal-Mart, in the isle with the spices. Most of the time they are in alphabetical order.

If you want to play a good joke on your hubby (if he has a sense of humor), put a small amount of the alum on a spoon and tell him you need his help identifying what type of 'sugar' it was. As soon as he puts it in his mouth, he will instantly pucker. It completely dries you out! And done to the right people, it is HILARIOUS! and harmless. Just make sure after 30 seconds or so you give him lots of water.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 2:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I want to say a hardware store, maybe even Lowes? What is it exactly? Maybe a place like HobbyLobby?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:24 AM on Dec. 16, 2009