Why do people think health care reform will over turn the Hyde Amendment?

Are you aware that 17 states pay for abortions, 4 of those states do it voluntarily and other the 13 require a court order?

viridian

Asked by viridian at 11:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Clearly even some Democrats are worried since they are making sure abortion is removed from all wording in the bill. I think it is disgusting any taxpayer money is used to slaughter innocent babies in their hosts womb. Those states are vile for allowing that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• A womb inhabitant is a fetus, not a baby. Fetus (in womb), infant (birth to 6 mos) and baby after 6 mos of age. Although I am pro-choice, I do not support taxpayer $$$ being used for this procedure. Your choice, your payment-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• A womb inhabitant is a fetus, not a baby

1. Is the "fetus" a living organism?
    2. What does a fetus turn into?

Cheat Sheet
    1. Yes
    2. Infant/Baby/Child/Adult
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• baby after 6 mos of age
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• slaughter innocent babies in their hosts womb

No womb holds a baby; no babies are slaughtered, by the legal defintion of the term-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Are you aware that 17 states pay for abortions, 4 of those states do it voluntarily and other the 13 require a court order?

Are you aware on how the importance of state rights was a crucial foundation for this nation's development?
    viridian this nation was founded on giving STATES control to manage and run their state as they see fit. This nation was NOT founded on a Nation mandating taxes to fund social programs like abortion... It should NOT be a national issue. It should be left for each individual state to decide. The problem is what is suppose to be a balance of power/rights between state and national power, has moved AWAY from the language of the Constitution and has become a political force/tool/.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Because the healthcare bill self appropriates new health programs that bypass the hyde amend.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• shhhhh...they don't like facts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I am a birth control FAN. I would support free birth control for all women. But I think abortions are sometimes elective surgery so I don't want to help pay for that. I have no idea how this will all turn out. Its a wait and see situation.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Baby

a. A very young child; an infant.

b. An unborn child; a fetus.

c. The youngest member of a family or group.

d. A very young animal.

Anonymous