Poopy-Diaper Blow outs - HELP!

Suddenly my 7 month old is having a Poopy diaper blow outs EVERY time!! and it is no freaking fun - more like a Haz-Mat situation. Any suggestions on how to prevent this?? I have both Size 3 and size 4 diapers (LUVS) and neither seems to make much of a difference. She is eating stage 2 jar food, eating "puffs" and formula some nothing new in the food catagory....

Am I just stuck in Doo-Doo hell???

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 11:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i hated the backside bow outs they were the worst and she never did it at home. I do remember it was something that passed fairly quickly. just make sure the diaper isnt too snug so that there is room, and if you are able to catch her in the act of pooping put her in a position that will help keep it from shooting up so far.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Well, my DD is 9 mos. and I remember when she used to do it all the time. Now it's just once in a blue moon. It's a stage, just like spitting up. He'lll stop soon. Are you using Pampers? Those are the best diapers, IMO.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I use Huggies Little Movers, and have ever only had 2 blowouts... both times they were overnight and full to begin with. My DS is 8mos...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• OP: Oh they come out the top, through the leg holes you name it.....She certainly has had a lot of baths lately!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I use cloth diapers and have yet to have a blowout with them. I was using disposables for when we leave the house but 75% of the time my daughter pooped, it leaked out the back. So now we use cloth when we go out, too.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Why are you wasting money on baby food? Your baby can eat regular food. She can be eating banana, sweet potato, or avocado to start. Then she needs meat for iron.

www.kellymom.com is a breastfeeding website but it has great info on starting solids that applies to all babies.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• My son stopped having those blowouts when he began solids. The only other time we've had diaper issues is right around a teething spell where he will have 5 or 6 prolific and pasty diapers each day. We use pampers and they seem to be the best for him. You could try going up in a diaper size to see if that helps. Or feed her more bananas and sweetpotatoes to thicken her poop.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• lol Gailll, she didn't ask about food. Yeah, I'd try more bananas to try to thicken the stool :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• OP: You know it could be teething - she has none yet! She does get some "real" foods bananas and Sweet potatoes but she does get some evil jar food too - she is in a in home daycare and they feed her the jar food! :)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I also have to say that blowouts stopped around here when we switched to cloth. BUT, it may not be what you want. Experiment with different diaper brands. Maybe the next size. What about the diaper covers that people use with cloth? That could help.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009