How many times a week do you cook dinner?

It can get so pricey!! x.x

Asked by SandraB383 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OH yes, we are always running out of food. Both DH and I work, so by the time we get home and deal with our daughter, we are spent. But I try to cook a few times a week or we just get frozen stuff.

Answer by danielp at 11:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• As opposed to NOT cooking dinner, and eating out?!?
    I have a family of 6, plus an extra daycare kid and/or teenager or two here every night. I cook dinner 7 nights a week!

Answer by christyg at 11:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Not as much as I should.

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I cook 5 times a week. We have a small family , so it doesn't cost much.

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• wait, what do you do if you don't, other than go out? I cook dinner 7 nights a week.

Answer by klianemcb2 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i cook every night, and it is much less expensive than eating out. to eat out my family spends 30-50 per meal that is half my weekly budget for a family of 5! use coupons and match them with sales, learn to stockpile you will find you spend much less on eating at home.

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• 5-7. How are homecooked meals expensive? I have many healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly recipes; send me a message offlist if you would like some!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• 6-7 times a week. I love cooking. It doesnt cost much for me to make dinner. Actually eating out is WAY more expensive

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I cook 6 out of 7 nights, on the 7th night we either go out or my husband cooks. I agree with others, how is eating out less expensive then cooking at home?

Answer by lapcounter at 12:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I cook dinner every night. It saves us a lot of money, and we can make sure to prepare healthier options. It is a treat when we go out to eat...usually a date night. I also pack my husband lunches to take to work. Occasionally he will go out with coworkers, but for the most part, he has homemade lunches.

Answer by JewelsE at 12:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009