"Pop in visitors"

what do you do when someone pops in and you are not in the mood? I have someone sitting in my living. My husband and I are both busy we want to order in and we have someone here who is usually a free loader. Advice please

QuintinsMom520

Asked by QuintinsMom520 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't anwer the door.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I usually run in the living room say something along the lines of "omg I totally forgot we have to go (insert store name) before 12:30 or the surprise is ruined." Turn to the guest and say sorry guys we will call you later. Thats what I do when I semi like the people. If I dont care for them I just say look Im busy, right now isnt a good time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Thats another thing my husband was walking the dog, the door was unlocked and he just walked in!!!!
    QuintinsMom520

Answer by QuintinsMom520 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2009

• umm, sounds like you need to set boundries. You can simply tell them that you guys are getting ready for a family dinner just the two of you and that you all can hang out later. I would also just have your husband talk to this guy and tell him that he needs to knock...
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You need to let them know now is not a great time for them to be over. If they get mad too bad for them. Anyone that knows me knows to not just drop by it is rude and I won't put up with it.
    Anonymous

• I don't answer the door, lol! Most of my friends know me well enough that I need a heads up for visitors and I hate a "Pop-In!"
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• DON OT answer the door. Pretends you don't hear the doorbell. LOCK your doors.

If that person is SO rude, be rude right back! LOL! It works, believe me it does work.
    Anonymous