Baby-Moon!

Was wondering if any of you went or are going on a "baby moon" I just got started good on my 2nd trimester with baby number 1 and my mother suggested taking a "baby moon" kind of like a honeymoon. She says that since this is the best and most comfortable feeling trimester that this would be a good time to get away for a weekend and take a last little vacation with my DH and pamper ourselvs before all the pampering goes to the litte one. So just wondering if any of you took one and what you did on your "babymoon"

Shannon_leigh82

Asked by Shannon_leigh82 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband and I took a camping trip to Florida and went to Bush Gardens. I thought is was great, my now ex describes it as not so good. He is not a camper. This was 30 years ago.

When we would get to a campgrounds I would put the tent up by myself and he would take a shower. This was fine by me. One night I put the tent up in the dark because our flashlight ran out of batteries. I had been a Girl Scout and knew the tent and had no problems putting it up in the dark. The next morning when we got up there was this really nice flash light on the picnic table with a note saying "so the pregnant lady doesn't have to put the tent up alone in the dark". I thought it was so funny.

One night we spent on the beach on the ocean side of FL and the wind was bad. I tied the tent to the car. Sand blew through the tent but the tent stayed up. In the morning we found everyone else had left, we were the only tent standing!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I thought the babymoon was the month after the baby was born when you pretty much only spend time with the baby bonding and establishing your milk supply. Then after 40 days you do the Baptism and introduce the baby to the general population. But before that it is just you and your baby and a few family that come to you.  Maybe I'm confused.  When did it turn into a vacation?

Anonymous

• Anonymous: All I know is that is what I was told and it just sounded like fun. I guess it's both really. I absolutly can't wait to meet my child and spend that time with him/her. I had just never heard of it. Sounds like I may have almost offended you and if I did I apologize. I had just never heard of one before and was curious if anyone else had. I guess it would make sense that the babymoon be like the honeymoon...you go on your honeymoon AFTER you are married and should have a babymoon AFTER the baby is born. I guess she just thought it was a cute name for a pregnant vacation. Thank you for your reply.

Gailll: What a paitent person you are!! Kudos for knowing how to put up the tent without a mans help though! and in the DARK at that lol. Oh and Kudos to the person who left the flashlight for you! Other than that I hope it was a pleasant experience for you. Thank you for your reply!
    Shannon_leigh82

Answer by Shannon_leigh82 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We planned on a big trip for our 10th anniversary. We had finally gotten our parents to take care of our older children who were 4 &6. I got pregnant somewhere around when the plans were made. It turned into a "last hurrah" and it was wonderful. We spent 10 days on the island of Curacao. It was a little boring at times, as there is not a ton of stuff to do there. But we did enjoy just being together by ourselves.

I would definitely go for it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2009