very strong question

ok i have problems with the neighbors and them watching me.yes it has been an issue. i went to therapy this morning and i had an enlightenment.it is because of when i was raped and i have ptss.well i knew that but i never connected one with the other.the person who attacted me was stalking and tracking me which is what i think my neighbor is doing.my therapist seems to think i wouldnt think so much of it if this didnt happen.well it did.i dont even know why i am writing this on here.but i dont want to feel like this anymore i have had depression for 20 yrs and the feelings havent gone away.can anyone tell me anything.i know there is alot of military wives on here that must know something about this?

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Let me start by saying I'm sorry about what happened to you and I don't mean to sound harsh in any way. Sometimes it is hard to convey tone in writing.

Bad things like rape, molestation, abuse, ect. have happened to a large percentage of people. You can let it stay with you all your life and ruin your life or you can keep saying to yourself every day until you don't have to "that was then, this is now". It's hard. If you say it enough you can start to live it.

If your neighbors are watching you then do what you can to protect yourself. Move if you can. Problem solve with your counselor what you can do about the situation. If the neighbor is stalking you then report it to the police.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• its in my subconscious though..its not like i am thinking about it...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• What Gaill is talking about I think, is like "self talk"....what you say to yourself in your mind. When you think something that may be irrational and related to the past, say something positive to yourself. You have to work at doing this over and over and over, it takes time to change the way you talk to yourself. You have to relize that what happened to you was a long time ago, it is the past, it is not YOU, you can not let yourself be a victim, it happened, it does not define who you are. I am sorry this happened to you, and I hope something I said can help you or at least give you something positive to think about......
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2009