Friend or phony? You be the judge.....

My gf has not calledor e mailed in a very long time. This morning she calls to tell me that her ex told her he is getting rid of the psycho the second wife by getting a divorce. She keeps hinting around how she wants to get together but it just always about her and her drama. She doesn't have money blah blah blah then she is buying lap tops and what not and wants to just mouth off about her issues while I feed and entertain her in my house. Help, I don't want to be mean, but here we go again..What can I say to spare her feelings and not be used over and over for the holidays???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• At least through the holidays, you can use the excuse that your really busy, and don't have time to get together, or even talk for long on the phone. It does sound like this may be a one sided relationship, you either get rid of her slowly, or try to change the friendship around to be more balanced....start telling her things about you, change the topic to you everytimes she starts talking her "drama". GL
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I went throught a similar situation with one of my "friends". I figured out that if I don't make myself so available to her, she began to value our friendship more. When she would call I would tell her things like "Not tonight" or "Maybe another time" Soon she was calling just to say Hi, or to see how we were doing. We don't talk as much anymore, but I'd rather have real conversations with her occasionally than to hear her b8tching daily.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 12:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• She sounds like a drain. I would not consider that a friend. Simply stop making an effort and when she does call be polite... if she starts with the drama then tell her you have to go.

Why keep ties with someone who is all drama???
    Anonymous