How have you celebrated your birthday with just your husband/family that you loved?

I don't have close friends right now..just a few aquaintances so I plan to just share my bday with my husband and maybe my baby who will be 15 months by then. All I can think of is a hibachi grill and maybe a Broadway show thats in town at the time.
I'm in Dallas so travelling to a nearby city is also doable.

But what has been fun and memorable for you ladies? PS..i'm pregnant and can't indulge in good sushi, wine or beer! :) Gosh darnit.

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 12:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Birthdays have always just been hubby and I and our sons. I am fortunate to be born on a "holiday" (St. Patrick's Day) so there's always a lot to do on my bday. We go to downtown Cleveland, eat breakfast, watch the parade, go get some hot chocolate and pastries after the parade, head off to get corned beef sandwiches (long wait) from the best place in town and then head home, nap for a bit and then head back out for supper. It's always a busy day.
    Anonymous

• Last yr on my B-day we were saving up for my ds b-day which is only 3 days after mine, so we were broke. Instead fo going out my dh and the kids cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner for me while I relaxed. We also watched alot of movies together and just enjoyed each others company. Now days it's hard to do with everyone having other things to do, Like dh working and the kids wanting to play with their friends. I don't know if you want to go out , but for me just spending time at home with my family was a blessing and the greatest birthday every.

Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 1:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It's wonderful that they did that for you. They must have known exactly what you needed and wanted! Now I'm a SAHM and my husband uses our one car for work so staying home does NOT appeal to me at all! lol. In fact if I got to eat out all day from breakfast to dinner and never be home for a day I'd be ecstatic!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• ive always celebrated with hubby alone...he celebrates his with mine since ours is only 3 days apart. we always go to a buffet.
    i love going out to eat and thats that, no presents or anything else.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We always have a big BBQ on my Birthday. It's something we can all enjoy.
    Anonymous