HELP!!! Quick!!

How do you get paint out of a white sweater?? My dd just came home from school in her white sweater and it is covered in paint!! I need to know how to get it out without making it even worse!! Thanks in advance!

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do you know what kind of paint it is? If it is acrylic, try pine cleaner (soak, wash, repeat) or hairspray (test it on a small spot, then remove paint with finger nail)
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Wish I could help. The same thing happened to my oldest when she was in pre-k. I couldn't understand why. They asked that we send an old shirt with her school supplies for them to wear when doing art project. I later found out she only wore it once. We went through alot of nice school clothes because of that.

Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 1:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• try wetting it first to see if its acrylic paint.If it looks like its coming out,it prob is.Will it flake off if you scratch at it?most likely a normal wash will get it out.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Hmmm, well at my son's school they only use washable paint. If it's washable, just run it under cold water and scrub! :) Should come right out... If it's permenant, well, buy a new sweater and leave it home?? lol Sorry. *hugs*
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Thanks you guys! I did get some of it out. I am getting very upset though with the school. They just lost her brand new pair of shoes, and I am going through clothes left and right. But at least I got majority of the paint out!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2009