Do you support affirmative action?

To show your support would you

1. give up your job on the condition that a minority replaced you?

2. sacrifice your childs college education on the condition that a minority took his place in class?

or do you just support it as long as there is no impact on you?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Affirmative action is just another form or racism. It basically is saying minorities are not smart enough or good enough to do things on their own. I think it should be done away with. The President is a black man I think it has been proven if you work hard you can make it no matter what race. My husband is a CEO of a small company he is black and he did it on his own. He said he is offended by affirmative action and the thought because he is black he is not as good as someone else and needs special help. He said black people are not special needs they just need people to let them do their own thing and make their own path like everyone else. I agree with him.
    Anonymous

• 1. no
    2. no
    3. no
    = no
    Anonymous

• No, I do not support it at all. I think it is insane. I think that now that we have an African American President that affirmative action should be done away with. There is always going to be racism because of people's attitudes but that should not determine jobs and education. If someone wants to work hard and make it then they can, they shouldn't be given extra help just because of their color. To me it just creates more racism and bitterness.
    Anonymous

• 1. NO
    2. NO
    3. NO

The best, qualified person for the job should get it - regardless of race.
    My child's further education is a product of their hard work. That should not be put in jeopardy because of race.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Best qualified person should get the job...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I do not......but then MY dh is one of those awful "white male construction workers" that seem to be in need of losing their job. >:(

If you dont EARN it you dont GET it.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No I don't support it. It only feeds a sense of entitlement. Not only that, it is just a different form of discrimination.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• nope, i dont support it at all.... the best person for the job should get the job --- end of story. if anything a.action should be about poverty. why wouldnt poor white kids be given those perks too? it is outdated and racist. no one minds racism when it helps them.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No I do not support affirmative action at all - the standards should be the same for everyone.

Answer by missanc at 3:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Nope
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2009