My Toddler won't stop pulling his sister's hair?

My son is 16 months old and I have a 3 year old daughter. I have been having a very hard time trying to get him to stop pulling her hair when he is upset with her. Like if she takes a toy from him or she takes something back from him that he wants. He quickly goes for her hair. I feel like I have tried everything. Now for the past couple of weeks all I do at home is monitor them playing to make sure I can stop him before it happens instead of dealing with it after. I am starting to notice the effect it has had on my daughters hair which is making me so sad. I can't help but feel like I have let her down. Any advice?? As anyone dealt with this? I have even talked to his doctor she said it is normal and just keep monitoring him and a couple techniques. But I have to stop it now I don't want her hair damaged, or for my daughter to suffer while I try and come up with a solution.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• honestly, my babysitter that had seven kids has this problem with almost all the boys she comes across. she asks permission to pull his hair back (not bad, just enough to let him know HEY that hurts) and then says firmly no. it works, but some people see it as abuse. i didn't bc i knew it wouldn't be something she did to punish everything, like biting, she would lightly bite them back, and it works! i hope you find something to help though if this isn't the solution you are looking for.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2009